Welcome back to our returning students, and if you’re new at Baldonnel, WELCOME!
The first day of school for Grade 1-6 students is Tuesday Sept. 6th (9-11am) and the first day for new Kindergarten students is Wednesday Sept. 14th.
Here are a few back-to-school tips for a smooth start from the Ministry of Education
Parents of Primary/Intermediate Students:
* Talk to your children about the upcoming school year. Be positive and
remind them of the friends they will meet, the new things they will
learn and the fun they will have.
*Get your children used to the back-to-school routine before the first
day of school by having them shift to their school bedtime and wake-up
routine a week before school begins.
* Have your children choose their outfits the night before the first day
to help start the morning calmly and efficiently.
* Confirm what time school will start on the first day and the entire
* If your children are going to a new school, check with the school to
see what information or identification will be required on registration
* Find out how your child’s teacher communicates with parents and take
advantage of the opportunities available.
* Get involved in the school community. Contact your local board of
education or the Parent Advisory Council at your child’s school for